Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday's Tips: Valentine Disguises
















Here's a fun Valentine idea that sends the kiddos home with a disguise instead of more candy. Using the Funny Faces SVGs, these Valentines are easy to make and so quick to put together.

Materials:
Funny Faces SVGS
LD Brownnose
LD This and That
LD Bella
card stock
google eyes
glue

Directions:
Begin by creating a simple card in Photoshop, Illustrator or like program. I made mine 5" by 7", but you could easily do smaller for smaller kids. For my journaling, scripty font I used LD Bella, and then I used LD Brownnose on the mustache card and LD This and That on the glasses card. I printed the cards out when they were done and began to cut out my fun and essential elements, (the mustache and the heart glasses.)

To slip the glasses onto the Valentine, you will need to make two slits for the side pieces to slid through. To do this, I just laid the glasses down on top of the card and marked off the spots where I wanted to make the slit. Make sure the slit is long enough for the widest part to slide in. Also I made the slit in a place that wouldn't show under the heart frame. Lay down your card on a cutting mat and then tightly hold a ruler down on top while you slid and exacto knife across where you want the slit.

The back should look like this.






For the mustache I wanted the kids to be able to remove the mustache and actually wear it. So I secured two 3-D dots to the back of the mustache leaving the back side of the sticker covering the adhesive. Then I used my glue gun to secure the mustache to the card.





Then you have some happy kids getting some fun disguises to play with on Valentines!

No comments:

Post a Comment