Thursday, April 21, 2011

Alternative Easter Eggs

Looking to stray from the traditional solid color variety Easter egg this year? Here are some and great easy alternative eggs you can make using your Lettering Delight's SVG's or graphics. Begin by dying your eggs. You can use the store bought dyes or you can try this easy recipe at home.


Easter Egg Dye:
Boil 3 cups of water. Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar. Now add a few drops of liquid food color. Drop in eggs and let them sit until they achieve the shade you desire.Be sure to let the eggs dry completely before you add any addition details.


Birdhouse Egg: Using the solid roof from the Spring is Bliss birdhouse basket and the butterfly from Sweet Nothings Tag Cards, I began by sizing down the roof to 3" by 1.75" and the butterfly to 1.5" by .75".  I cut them out along with a simple circle that I created in Make-the-Cut. I punched a hole through the top middle of the roof and threaded my string securing a knot oh the underside. I adhered my butterfly to the roof and finished with a ribbon embellishment. Using a hot glue gun, I glued the roof and circle to the egg.



Pretty Flowers:
These cute and easy flowers came from the Simple Flowers Shape SVG. I merely cut them out, attached together with a small brad and then adhered to the egg with a glue gun.


Eggs in Disguise:
Ok, so we can't get enough of our Photo booth SVG'sUsing Funny Faces and Mustache Mania we gave our eggs some pretty  nifty disguises. I bet you can't tell whose who;)!


So have fun, and get creative! 

No comments:

Post a Comment