Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thursday's Tip: Cinco De Mustache Kit

Celebrate Cinco de Mustache (errr I mean Mayo) by giving out fun mustache kits! With our SVG's still on sale for only $1, its the perfect time to nab our Eat, Drink and Be Hairy SVGs.

Materials:

Eat, Drink and Be Hairy SVGs
Simple Match Box Cut It Set
Card stock
LD Hipster Child

Directions:

Begin by sizing the Simple Match as Box (I used the bottom (01 and top 02), as big as you can fit on a 12 by 12 inch page. I sized them together, so that the top was 11.75 inches from top to bottom (long ways) and the bottom at its widest is 7.2 inches. Cut out and assemble your box. I also inked the edges of the box.

























I created a rectangle just smaller than the inside of the box (3.65" by 2.7"), to attach the mustaches to. I used the double stick dots and attached the one side to the mustache, keeping the sticker back on and glued the sticker back to the card.

























I added the Eat, Drink and be Hairy word image from the Eat, Drink and be Hairy Set and a little mustache to cross the A. I printed out a small band using LD Hipster Child to write "Cinco de Mustache Kit."




























5 comments:

  1. it would be helpful to have the dimensions of the box top and bottom please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will add this to the post, but I sized them together, so that the top was 11.75 inches from top to bottom (long ways) and the bottom at its widest is 7.2 inches.

      Delete
  2. did you use the box with a star on it? did you alter it?
    the box outside s/b 11.75 x 7.2 inches.....how bout the inside slide box? what size
    sorry to be a pain, but i need to make 2 of these today for my grandkids. so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did it, thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry I didn't see this comment before. I'm so glad you were able to make it work!

      Delete