Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday's Tip: Pottery Barn Knock-Off Bat Invitation

Pottery Barn for Kids had these cute invites for sale on their site. Of course I decided that I could beat the $24 price tag and make my own!

Using the Bat from the Spooky Soiree Cut It Set, I sized it to11.65 inches across. I wanted it to fit in an A7 envelope with its wings folded (about 5 inches wide). I first removed the legs in Illustrator (or you can use Inkscape) then I cut out the black bat layer and the eyes and put him together. By excluding the white layer, it leaves the mouth open to hold the invitation.

The invitation is just a 4.5" by 5.5" rectangle and using the font LD Petticoat Black I cut out the word 'PARTY' to adhere to the top. I also cut out two triangles for teeth that I adhered to the underside of the mouth. Embellish with a cute ribbon for the tail and you are done! Fast, simple and super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment